John Charles Kitchens
Mr. Kitchens’ goal is to provide a set of personalized services for small and medium-sized business owners that are interested in having an ongoing collaborative relationship with an attorney that results in efficiencies to the client. He represents small businesses in a broad range of litigation and general transactions including service contracts, separation agreements and entity formation. He further provides personalized, dedicated service to individuals with personal injury or consumer claims.
Mr. Kitchens has over 25 years experience in commercial, consumer, and general civil litigation. He speaks fluent Spanish, and the firm proudly represents Spanish speaking clients across it’s practice areas.
Mr. Kitchens opened the firm in 2005, and has successfully represented hundreds of small businesses and individual claimants in business transactions, prelitigation demands, and as both plaintiff and defendant in lawsuits. Mr. Kitchens has successfully represented his clients in state and federal trials and dispositive arbitrations in commercial, personal injury, and consumer rights cases.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Collections
- Entity Formation and Small Business Transactions
- Personal Injury
- DTPA & Other Consumer Claims
- Texas, 1996
- US Western District of Texas, 2004
- The University of Texas at Austin, 1996 J.D.;
2002 L.L.M. in International Law
- Duke University, 1992
B.A. in History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Bar Association
- Travis County Bar Association
- Capital Area Trial Lawyers Association
- In his spare time, Mr. Kitchens is the proud step parent of two teenagers and two dogs and enjoys, cooking, reading and the great outdoors